Sunday, April 6, 2014

Branding & Identity Systems



Logos that I made for a fictional identity system for the Iowa Sheep and Wool Festival's 10th anniversary. After having junior reviews, I'm thinking about going back to change it a bit to make it more like one of my sketches.

These are some of my earlier iterations:




I ended up getting rid of the sheep heads because I wanted to create a more sophisticated version, but now I think I want to go back, add the heads in, and make the type form the shape of the fluff ball of their bodies instead of an outline. It's funkier, more fun, and it shows the personality of knitters and the festival overall better.

Here are sketches that I did early on:



I definitely don't want to start all over with a super cartoony approach, but I do want to do this project over and edit it a bit. I enjoyed this project so much and am looking forward to working on it some more to make it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment