Monday, December 28, 2015

Day 4, 5, 6, 7!

Christmas at the Campbell's!
deer friends
We had a really chill Christmas and basically slept in really late, opened presents, went over to Darren's, opened more presents, ate, and watched TV. I also got to Skype my parents! Such a good Christmas!

The day after was Boxing Day and it was pretty much the same as Christmas, everything goes on sale though so we went out and looked around at shops. Boxing Day is also Darren's mom's birthday so we went back to their house for dinner. Christine opened presents, we had chinese food, and watched a TV quiz gameshow. It's been great to get to hang out with Darren's family more, I really like them.

The 27th we walked to town for the first time and it took about 15 minutes. We got some donuts from Gregg's and walked around city center until lunch at Topolobamba. We decided to go there because they had margaritas and it was a good choice! They forgot Darren's food so they gave it to us for free. YAaaaa free food! We both got burritos, but I got a veggie and he got chicken. Since mine came first I shared it with him, we decided that would've been enough to eat for the both of us...but we had the other free burrito coming too so we ate way too much. We also had to order chips and queso (gasp) but they were worth it! We walked around town more afterwards. That night we went to an American place for dinner and had burgers. The waiter was from North Carolina so we talked a little bit about America. His mom is Scottish so he could get a UK passport and now he's just decided to live here. Darren's sister said something like "you guys like your restaurants" and I was like yeah I guess, but actually we really do just plan our day around eating.

Today was completely a lazy day. We slept in (jetlag is so tough seriously), looked around our neighborhood, walked to town, got fries for lunch at Whetherspoon's, looked at more shops, came back on the train, and made pasta for dinner. There are a few cats here and as Darren was taking the pasta dishes back up, he told me that they were outside our room. I went out and accidentally shut the door...the door locked behind me. I was only wearing a hoodie and shorts because I was doing laundry, Darren texted our landlord and she said that she had a bucket of keys in the living room. I went up and got the bucket of keys and another guy came out of the kitchen to tell us that he had gotten locked out of his room, too. I split the keys with him and went downstairs to try to find ours. It only took a few minutes but the cat tried to play with the keys a few times and knocked the modem down. Whoops. I brought the keys back up to the other guy and he kept struggling with them. I'm sure he got in to his room by now, haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment