Thursday, August 4, 2016

FLORIDA

Ginny and all her kids (YEAH)
I'm in Florida this week! My parents and I drove down from Iowa and stopped in Tupelo, Mississippi overnight. Ben flew in from California (could you imagine THAT drive?! no thanks) and we picked him up at the Pensacola airport and then drove to Seacrest, where some of our family own houses. It's been crazy hot down here but so so good to be around family.

My great aunt's birthday was at the beginning of this week, which is why we came here! She is officially....drum roll please...90 YEARS OLD NOW. Her name is Ginny, full name Virginia May (Mae?) Wirka, and she is one of the most delightful people I know. The amazing thing is that anyone who knows her will tell you that. And damn, she's 90. That's a lot of time to piss people off, yknow? I've been sick a lot of this week and have just stayed inside a lot, sleeping, but it's been so fun to see people when I can. I'm so glad I was able to come down here and see everyone. Feeling very lucky and privileged. Here's to living a life as full of love and fun as Ginny!

No comments:

Post a Comment